TASP is a multidisciplinary organization whose purpose is to promote the study of play, support and cooperate with other organizations having similar purposes, and organize meetings and publications that facilitate the sharing and dissemination of information related to the study of play. TASP’s broad focus includes many disciplines and scholarly interests. Among these are: anthropology, education, psychology, sociology, recreation and leisure studies, history, folklore, dance, communication, the arts, kinesiology, philosophy, cultural studies, and musicology.
- The TASP e-newsletter, which includes book reviews, research up-dates, membership lists, abstracts of annual meetings, and other matters of interest
- Periodic publications of Play and Culture Studies, which includes current theory and research on play in a variety of disciplines (receipt of this volume depends on membership level)
- Three issues per year of The International Journal of Play, the official journal of TASP
- Reduced registration fees at TASP annual meetings
TASP Membership Levels
The levels below include Play & Culture Studies and The International Journal of Play.
- Professional (USA only) $75
- Professional (outside USA) $80
- Retiree (with journals) $65
- Student (with journals) $65
- Institution (with journals) $85
The levels below do not include journals.
- Retiree (no journals) $25
- Student (no journals) $25
- Institution (no journals) $25
Click below to purchase or renew TASP membership online.
Once you purchase a TASP membership “with journals”, you will see IJP access for TASP Members under Publications as below:
If you have questions about TASP membership, publications, or the benefits of TASP membership, please contact TASP treasurer Krysta Murillo at email@example.com.
You must be logged in to post a comment.